Summer Student - Canada Summer Jobs Program
Redwater Public Library Summer Student
Canada Summer Jobs Program (2 positions available)
June 20 – August 15, 2023 (8 weeks)
July 4 – August 29, 2023 (8 weeks)
$16.00 per hour
Eligibility Criteria (as directed by Employment and Social Development Canada):
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period.
- Eligible applicants must have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year.
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status.
- Participants in the program will be legally entitled to work in Canada according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
The Redwater Public Library is accepting applications for a Summer Student. If you are interested in library operations, and program planning and implementation, this is the opportunity for you.
The successful applicant will work with the programming and circulation team members. Duties will include implementing summer programs, helping with the Summer Reading Program activities including craft making and story times. You will create and upload videos of summer programs, and instructional videos to our Word, Excel, Email and general internet usage. Other duties will include learning how to process new materials, shipping and interlibrary loans and other duties as assigned.
- Computer literacy with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are required.
- Computer literacy in Office is an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, analyze and problem solve.
- Ability to work well with public and businesspersons of all ages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
The Redwater Public Library is located on the corner of 48 street and 49 avenue, adjacent to the Redwater Museum. We are a member of the Northern Lights Library System that has access to the combined collections of over 170 libraries with holdings of over 3 million books, DVDs, and other items. The library has 2 full-time staff and one part-time staff and employs students when grant funding is available.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of 3 references. Submit online or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until a suitable candidate is found.