The Library is offering contactless curbside pick-up for patrons of the Redwater Library! You may take out up to 5 library items once a week.
The only items available are the ones currently on our shelves, as there are no interlibrary loans at this time.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF THE LIBRARY STAFF, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THIS SERVICE IF YOU OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS UNWELL OR IF YOU ARE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED.
PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER HANDLING LIBRARY ITEMS.
How Pick-up Works:
1. PLEASE REQUEST YOUR MATERIALS BY:
1. Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - Please make sure to provide your first and last name, your library card number, and a number that we can call you at.
2. Calling 780-942-3464 (have your library card ready)
3. Placing requests from the library catalog -
You need to sign into your account.
(Your username is your library card barcode, and your pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
If you need assistance logging in, please call the library at 780-942-3464. - You will only be able to pick up holds on items that are currently available at the Redwater Public Library – holds placed on other libraries’ items will not be processed or shipped until Public libraries re-open across the province.
2. YOU WILL RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION WHEN YOUR ITEMS ARE READY.
3. CALL 780-942-3464 TO SET UP A PICK-UP TIME
4. LIBRARY STAFF WILL CHECK THE ITEMS OUT TO YOUR CARD, PLACE THE ITEMS IN A PLASTIC BAG, AND HANG IT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE LIBRARY DOOR PRIOR TO YOUR PREARRANGED PICK-UP TIME.
5. WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO COLLECT YOUR MATERIALS, EVERYTHING WILL BE CHECKED OUT AND READY TO GO. – PLEASE ARRIVE WITHIN YOUR PICK-UP WINDOW OR YOUR ITEMS WILL BE BROUGHT BACK INTO THE LIBRARY AND YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL TO ARRANGE ANOTHER PICK-UP TIME.
** If you request an item that is currently unavailable, we may be able to reserve for you.
*** Patrons can request a random selection of materials by providing a genre, topic or potential authors of interest. (Please note that while we will do our best to pick an excellent selection of random items, we cannot guarantee that the content will meet your expectations. Parents should review items before providing them to their children to ensure they match their own family’s values.)
****We will not be lending out delicate items or items that cannot be returned through the drop boxes.
TO COMPLY AS BEST AS POSSIBLE WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING RECOMMENDATIONS WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING WALK-UP REQUESTS AT THE DOOR. IF YOU ARE CALLING FROM THE PARKING LOT, WE WILL NOT OPEN THE LIBRARY DOOR UNLESS YOU ARE IN YOUR CAR WITH THE CAR DOORS CLOSED. WHEN THE LIBRARY RE-OPENS TO THE PUBLIC, CURBSIDE DELIVERY WILL END.